The Big Pitch is a business idea competition exclusively for undergraduate and postgraduate students at Anglia Ruskin University across all campuses.
Our aim is simple: we want to find passionate entrepreneurs with exciting, imaginative business ideas and give them the chance to pitch for the money and support they need to make it happen. Entrants do not need to be a business expert to participate; all they need is a good idea. AREA provides the business mentoring and support necessary as the competition progresses.
The competition will run from 8 February to 2 May and is split into 3 rounds:
- Round 1 (8 February 2018 – 22 March 2018)
- The Video Pitch: All entrants submit a 60-second video pitch.
- Round 2 (13 April 2018 – 14 April 2018)
- The Bootcamp: The best 25 entrants attend a 2 day training Bootcamp where they take part in a variety of interactive seminars in business planning, financial planning, marketing and pitching skills. Following this, entrants deliver a two-minute pitch to a panel of judges followed by 10 minutes of Q&A.
- Round 3 (2 May 2018)
- The Big Final: The best of the best will pitch their business idea to an invited panel of judges in front of a live audience.
The prize pot of £10k will be shared amongst the best entries on the night. In addition to a cash prize they will also benefit from free business mentoring, professional advice and access to The StartupLab, AREA’s student enterprise incubator.
For the third year running, The Big Pitch is proud to announce two additional sponsored prizes for social enterprise: a cash prize of £3K for an innovative solution to a social problem offered by Provide and one year’s free membership of The Future Business Centre in Cambridge provided by Allia
- The Big Pitch participants share their story: